Coffee Bean Roaster Help

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Then I would look for one of the power tool controllers if you want to adapt an off the shelf type controller, these are usually rated for around 15amps.
They can be had for $15.00 to $40.00 range.
Alot cheaper if you roll your own.
Max.

james211

Joined May 29, 2012
So I think I may have run into an issue, correct me if I'm wrong. I hooked everything up and was checking everything with my meter to make sure there were no shorts, and of course there is. I traced it back to the transformer. When I put the meter to the two primary leads, the buzzer goes off. Does that mean the transformer is bad? Or am I doing something wrong that I'm unaware of?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Whats the Buzzer, test instrument? The resistance of a transformer primary is very low resistance if this is what you are measuring?
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
A primary could look like a semi-short circuit to this kind of tester, depending on what the meter internal range is designed for?
Max.

james211

Joined May 29, 2012
I read that some where also, so I took a chance and plugged it in and sure enough it blew the house circuit.

From what I gather even though both wires are black on the transformer, one will connect to the black wire and one to the white on the power supply cable correct? I just want to make sure I'm not making an idiot mistake here.