Class C Amplifier : Expert Help needed !

haruwn

Joined Jan 30, 2009
Hi.... m emloying a Class C Amplifier Design for the amplification of an fsk signal
I simulated the whole thing on EWB 5 , worked pretty well, input 30dB, where voltage rms ws 20mV @ 10MHz
and i obtained about 250mV in the simulation.
Now doing this all practically, gave input of 2V rms and results were quite disappointing, my signal rather got attenuated !
I tested the results on 2N3904 BJT !
any suggestions !
I have attached the simulation print screen with results.

Attachments

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Hi.... m emloying a Class C Amplifier Design for the amplification of an fsk signal
I simulated the whole thing on EWB 5 , worked pretty well, input 30dB, where voltage rms ws 20mV @ 10MHz
and i obtained about 250mV in the simulation.
Now doing this all practically, gave input of 2V rms and results were quite disappointing, my signal rather got attenuated !
I tested the results on 2N3904 BJT !
any suggestions !
I have attached the simulation print screen with results.
Remember a Class C amplifier is always a TUNED amplfier. Is the final tank circuit tuned to your input frequency, (or vice versa)?

ERic

haruwn

Joined Jan 30, 2009
Infact this is a Class A amplifier associated with the tank circuit as in Class C, i calculated the values of all the components using the AC and DC analysis separately and ws perfect in theory as wel.....
input, bypass, output reactance ws setted to te critical frqncy of 1 MHz while the tank ckt is resonated on 10 MHz.....
all this is good, whts wrng with the real circuit....... ?

haruwn

Joined Jan 30, 2009
Ofcourse i tuned it by watchful calculations ....... any othr help ???
should i change the transistor ........ my group fella was like, 2N3904 has lesser bandwidth...... ? may be this is the issue ?
any recommendations from ppl who had bn wrkin on BJTS ?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I think the tank circuit will not do much with the 4k7 resistor in series.
The gain is also reduced by the emitter resistor without a decoupling capacitor.

Greetings,
Bertus

PS Do not use SMS like text, this will make your text unreadable.
Use proper english.