Class C Amplifier : Antenna Association

haruwn

Joined Jan 30, 2009
Hi all !
I am working on a wireless project.... i thought to amplify my signal using the Class C amplifier, and transmit a 30dB or more power wirelessly !
I studied the theory and basics of Antenna..... but still i am little doubty how would the antenna work. . . . and/or whther this will transmit the signal as desired or not.
Where to attach the antenna, in usual designs output port is followd by a capacitor and then to antenna ,talking about Class C bjt Amplifier Vce(output voltage)
Since one terminal of antenna is connected to the o/p panel and other is grounded, if the antenna is q-wave dipole, then i dont get hows the circuit even completed..... is that the tx line or antenna having impedance of about 50 Ω, would dissipate some power on this component as a resistive load ?????

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Hi all !
I am working on a wireless project.... i thought to amplify my signal using the Class C amplifier, and transmit a 30dB or more power wirelessly !
I studied the theory and basics of Antenna..... but still i am little doubty how would the antenna work. . . . and/or whther this will transmit the signal as desired or not.
Where to attach the antenna, in usual designs output port is followd by a capacitor and then to antenna ,talking about Class C bjt Amplifier Vce(output voltage)
Since one terminal of antenna is connected to the o/p panel and other is grounded, if the antenna is q-wave dipole, then i dont get hows the circuit even completed..... is that the tx line or antenna having impedance of about 50 Ω, would dissipate some power on this component as a resistive load ?????
You have to match the impedance of the amplifier to something around 50 ohms, which is what any normally resonant antenna will be.

eric