Clapper Circuit

iSlavin15

Joined Feb 10, 2012
Hi.

I'm new here in this forum.
I'm a freshmen college student and i really need help.
we have a project. and i decided to make a voice enabled device.
i search a circuit and i have found this clapper circuit, which a sound of a clap can turn off/on a load.
my problem is,
is there a thing that can prevent other sounds to turn on/off the load? this is the factor that will affect my project during the exhibit next month.

I've seen many clapper circuits, can you please help me to choose the easiest and least expensive but worth it to show.

any suggestions? solutions? and concerns?
thanks a lot! =)

Last edited:

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
First you say you want a voice-activated circuit, but then you ask for help finding a clap-activated one.
Which is it?

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
It would depend on the circuit you want to build. As there are different versions of the clapper, it is not possible to tell if your circuit will operate as you wish. Ultimately, there is no way to gaurentee other sounds won't activate it. You can try to filter the frequencies of the incoming sounds, or try to time the interval between "claps" so that only a correct interval will operate the circuit. The more immune you try to make it to other sounds, the harder it will be to activate. I don't know any good answer, but I wish you luck.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
The world's finest clean copper clappers were copped by one Claude Cooper, the kleptomaniac from Cleveland. Cleaning woman Clara Clifford discovered they were kept in a closet.