1. We will be in Read Only mode (no new threads, replies, registration) starting at 9:00 EDT for a number of hours as we migrate the forums to upgraded software.

CKT help

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by chacha1234, Oct 21, 2006.

1. chacha1234

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 21, 2006
    My Dear Friends,
    Its a simple circuit (but its beyond my head!!! hehe!)
    Please see the diagram:
    [​IMG]

Here through AB supply is given. C is a capacitor for charging and then discharging at the load end.
    e-S/W is an electronic switch (I need the circuit for this switch) which when pressed, discharge the energy from the capacitor (just like a triggering action), but the electronic switch MUST NOT consume any power from the circuit, so that the amount of chraged energy equals the amount of discharging energy!

Requirement: (for this whole circuit)
    1) about 10-20J energy;
    2) Voltage ~ 200V;
    3) Current ~ 5A.
    ACTUALLY WHAT NEED IS:
    I need to know the exact amount of energy charged to the capacitor and the exact amount of energy discharged at the load end.
    I need your HELP, friends ! Can you suggest any electronic switch circuit for the above?

If u need any data may post here OR pm me.

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Hi,

Disappointment is a fact of life. Everything consumes power. However, a nice big Hexfet like an IRF520 is cheap and will handle the voltage and current requirement. It will need a heat sink for any duty cycle above a few percent. Just put 10 volts on the gate to turn it on (be a good idea to get the spec sheet).