Circuitry noob here

zeiss

Joined Jun 13, 2011
Hello, I'm a 15 year old Freshman in high school interested in learning about circuitry. My knowledge as of right now is limited to rudimentary physics (Ohm's law, parallel vs. series circuits, etc.) and a basic conceptual grasp of some types of circuits (regarding things along the lines of analog synthesis, simple computer programming, and simple logic). I'm interested in constructing things like synthesizers and MIDI devices, as well as weird gadgets like oscilloscopes, but I really don't know where to start. Where would you folks suggest I start? Do you recommend introductory literature, hands on experience with basic breadboard kits, or even formal education in the field? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please Note: I'm also a noob to this forum, please be kind if I've wrongly placed the thread.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Forums such as AAC are a good place to hang out. Observing what others are doing will give you ideas on what you would like to do. If you see something interesting that you would like to do then you can read up on it and give it a try yourself. The trick is to avoid biting off more than you can chew. At your age there is plenty of time to acquire the skills. Enjoy the learning experience.

The ebook at www.allaboutcircuits.com is a good place to go to reinforce what you already feel you know.

hgmjr