Circuit to alert to loitering vehicles by detecting engine idling for more than 2 minutes

DesignEngineer2006@hotmai

Joined Dec 11, 2021
Hi Guys,
I'm new here, so apologize if this has already been covered. I would like to know when a vehicle that stops at the stop sign in front of my house just hangs out there for an extended period of time. I'm imagining a circuit with a ceramic mic, audio level detector that triggers a WiFi signal burst after the audio level has been continuously above a certain threshold for 2 - 3 minutes. I could design it myself, but someone else has probably done this already. Any hints or links would be appreciated.

Alfredo

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Around here some cars have the radio blaring, the car is lowered with black tinted widows and the muffler is replaced with pipes that produce the loud explosions of backfiring.
They never stop at a red light or a stop sign. The always go too fast, starting with a tires chirp. They turn a corner in a sideways drift.

DesignEngineer2006@hotmai

Joined Dec 11, 2021
Point taken. There are people who work in law enforcement living on this street, who I'm sure would be glad to help out, but they need notice while something is happening. Making a report after the fact is just a way to sit around for an hour waiting for a cop to show up and fill out paperwork.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Cars operated by teenagers have the pollution controls removed then the stink can be smelled by a person or maybe by a sensor and detector. Often, their cars burn oil then a sensor can be used to detect the smoke.