circuit that is monitoring the functionality of a chipper motor

mdu09

Joined Sep 19, 2017
hello people
I need some help here, so I have got a chipper motor, now if this motor trips there is no indication that shows if the motor has tripped or not,so I need a circuit that will indicate if the motor is running or it has tripped.

thank you

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
hello people
I need some help here, so I have got a chipper motor, now if this motor trips there is no indication that shows if the motor has tripped or not,so I need a circuit that will indicate if the motor is running or it has tripped.

thank you
What is a "chipper motor"?
What does it mean when the "motor trips"?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Depends on the motor. Would this motor be fossil fuel or an electric motor? If the motor is electric what would you like to monitor? My city runs a chipper through my neighborhood weekly and it is a large fossil fuel motor. Pretty easy to see what's going on in the feed chute, you would be well aware if the motor stopped. Then you say "tripped" can we assume an electrical overload? Should that be the case the motor likely has a start contactor with thermal overload. There should be a way to look at if the overload trips the contactor off line.You really need to provide much more information. like the motor name plate data and the motor run circuit.

Ron