circuit schematic question (newbie)

NY10

Joined Jul 30, 2010
Hi, all

I guess my question is about terminology in circuit schematics.

If resistor or capacitor values are NP_0, what does this mean ?

I guess it means the values are not populated, but then what does that tell about values in circuit schematics ?

Thank you in advance.

NY10

Joined Jul 30, 2010
I am not sure the website you posted is what I am referring to.

I have some circuit schematics in low pass filter bank, and the values of resistors and capacitors are listed as NP_0

The reason I asked this question is that I want to know what content of NP_0 is used in the circuit schematics.

Or maybe in general, what does NP_0 mean in circuit schematics ?

Thanks in advance.

NY10

Joined Jul 30, 2010
I attached the image of the circuit.

It is a part of circuit and it shows the value of resistor and capacitor listed as NP_0

As far as I know NP_0 means not populated, but then what does that mean ?

Hope this gives enough information for you to guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Doesn't appear to mean anything in this case as I see both caps and resistors labeled as such. Chalk it up to some sort of house numbering scheme like "place this component before wave soldering" or who knows?

Used to be NP0 (not NP_O) was used to indicate the temperature stability of a ceramic capacitor but now they're using C0G which holds essentially the same meaning.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
NY11,

I agree with the others. This looks like a simulation program, or maybe just a schematic capture program. Where did you get it? Maybe you can contact the source. Or if you know who the program's vendor is, you could contact them.

Ken

I just noticed that the components with values have them in the location of "NP-0". It might be that "NP_0 is the default label for the components' values, until they are assigned.