Circuit maker suggestion

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
Hello there!!

I just wanted to download a software that will help me to make circuits on the computer. I cannot experiment them in real life because of my parents. So can you suggest a software that will be able to make circuits on the PC with transistors, ICs ,etc.?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

w2aew

Joined Jan 3, 2012
Hello there!!

I just wanted to download a software that will help me to make circuits on the computer. I cannot experiment them in real life because of my parents. So can you suggest a software that will be able to make circuits on the PC with transistors, ICs ,etc.?

Shame on your parents for stifling your creativity and desire to learn! You'll learn a LOT more by experimenting with real circuits. Too bad your parents are so short sighted.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Hello there!!

So, here's what you do...
Learn all you can on simulators and from this forum.
Then come up with an idea for something you can actually build that
your parents might like. You never know :D

JingleJoe

Joined Jul 23, 2011
Shame on your parents for stifling your creativity and desire to learn! You'll learn a LOT more by experimenting with real circuits. Too bad your parents are so short sighted.
This definately calls for a doomsday device or battle robot exoskeleton, TO THE SECRET LAB!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U9uOWRaN34
P.S. simetrix is the circuit simulator I use however there are ALLWAYS differences in reality, things the simulator simply can't take into account like surpassing component parameters, interference or overheating.

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
Thanks for answering!!

I have downloaded one called "Circuit maker." But how will I make it understand that there is light Falling on the LDR??

patricktoday

Joined Feb 12, 2013
You can't really simulate external things like light sources or sounds in a simulator very well. You can find models of LED/LDR combos on the internet but they're not particularly realistic and not too easy to get adapted into the CircuitMaker format. Just about everything _else_ works very well and can be extremely accurate however! :)

If it's helpful for your circuit, you could replace the LDR with a potentiometer and move the knob around and that will show you how the rest of the circuit would behave as the resistance changes with the light. The range can vary from part to part but try adjusting from, say, 10k for bright to 100k for dark.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You can simulate the effects of a sensor on a circuit by inputting a square or sine wave signal from a function generator. Simply AC couple the input signal to the active node of the sensor.