Circuit Maker and Simulator

joemmech

Joined Jan 22, 2010
Hi All,

I am looking for the circuit maker were I can also simulate the output. As of now I am using TINA-TI but the problem with this simulator is that it only allows the TI parts to be used in this simulator. I am looking for a circuit maker and simulator where I can use devices from different manufacturer.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Google "LTSpice download"
It's on Linear Technology's website.

There is a Yahoo group that gives great support for LTSpice users. Lots of components there, too.

Mike33

Joined Feb 4, 2005
Check out LT Spice from Linear Technologies...available free from their website! It's one of the most common simulators, fully functional and easy to add new components.

joemmech

Joined Jan 22, 2010
I tried the LT Spice but just like the TINA software, the components in LT Spice are only from Linear Technologies. Do I still have to download a library so that I can use other components other than the LT Components? If yes, where can I download these libraries...

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Did you investigate the LTSpice group on Yahoo like I mentioned earlier?
There are lots of models available there. You will have to join the group to get access.

joemmech

Joined Jan 22, 2010
I have already joined the group. I just dont know what file to download. I have downloaded 1 zip file but the file type of the zipped files were "LTSpice Netlist" and I wasn't able to use it.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You looking for 'models'. Whatever component you need, ie cmos 555, you want to find a 'cmos555 model' The netlists are the spice code files.. text files that tell spice what wire and component is where and what value.