Circuit for electronic music box Help

music_circuitz

Joined Apr 23, 2011
I am trying to build this music box that plays a music that is about 30 seconds or so long and will play it until the music box is closed. What can I use to make this happen it needs to be small and not take up a lot of room. Also is there a way for me to make the in side turn (like in a music box) electronically, again it needs to be small.

I don't know much about engineering trying to learn as I go so detailed instructions or a link to them would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

This is the locket I might use or I'll use something bigger if needed like 3 or so inches wide and tall.

Any Ideas???

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Have you heard an electronic greeting card play squeaky music barely loud enough to hear? That is what you will have.

A 2 inch or 3 inch speaker might sound good but is bigger than the thing you want to put it in.

music_circuitz

Joined Apr 23, 2011
Thank you for the replies.

Does anyone know where I could find the shell, I was thinking of using a clock or picture frame. Does anyone have an idea of how I can make the moon turn around (motor of some sort) and light up when I open the lid.

Is there a way I can make the sound better on the video recorder thing? And how can I program it to play a certain tune.
Thanks.

The project I am doing is trying to make this locket as a gift:

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
They make tiny motors for pager buzzers but not any that turn very slowly that I'm aware of.

Don't let that recorder fool you, it has good sound.

Your only alternative is to come up with a tiny microprocessor that you could program midi-like notes into, the recorder will take anything you throw at it so you could play the tune on a piano, guitar or take music off something like a pre-recorded CD.