Circuit board help

sruzgar

Joined Mar 13, 2010
I just joined this forum in the hope that I could find someone to help build an a circuit with 10 LED's is there anyone on here that can help?

Thanks in anticipation
Simon

sruzgar

Joined Mar 13, 2010
I am looking to have two yellow, two green and six red LED's like this:

[ R ][ R ][ R ][ G ][Y ][ Y ][ G ][ R ][ R ][ R ]

I want them to light up two at a time starting with the yellow and working outwards whena button is pressed.

I did some looking around but couldnt find any multicolour light graphs like this so figured it would have to be scratch built.

Thanks again

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
You could tie the pairs that should light together in series with a proper limiting resistor and treat it as one LED. Then you could use a counter such as a 4017 followed by a driver transistor for each leg. Triggering of the 4017 could be accomplished with a debounced push button.

sruzgar

Joined Mar 13, 2010
Thanks again! I am a complete novice when it comes to electronics so im really not sure how to do any of this, I was hoping someone could help me build it with some type of kit or I could pay someone to build it?

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
What part of the world do you live in? Do you have access to various components such as switches, Integrated circuits, transistors, resistors, LED's, etc. How were you planning to power your project? So many questions yet unanswered......

sruzgar

Joined Mar 13, 2010
I live in the USA, havent checked for local electronics components stores but if someone cant build this for me I was presumimng I could buy the parts online. Here is a picture of what Im trying to build.

it will be powere by 2 9v batteries, there is already two red leds that just turn on and off at the push of another button.

Attachments

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
A CD4017 can easily drive two LEDs in series without a transistor and without current-limiting resistors when the supply is 9V. The current will be typically 12mA to 14mA.

The CD4017 will not heat much since only one output is high at a time.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Put your location in your profile.

Country and State is usually enough, but since you're asking for help with building it, put in the nearest city as well.

Click on the "User CP" link in the menu to get to your profile. then click the "Edit your Details" link.

The space for your location is near the bottom.