Circuit Analysis Op amp

damm1371

Joined Feb 22, 2012
This is a practice problem for a test. The objective is to find Vo of the following circuit. All op amps are ideal. I have attempted to start by separating the op amps and calculating Vo accordingly. Starting with the top right op amp as 1. Vo1 = V1(1+R5/R4) and Vo2 = V1( 1 + [(R2+R3)/R1) so Vo would be Vo1+ Vo2
this doesnt seem right. I am more interested in the process to get the answer than the answer.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Well see this method

Va = Vin

So

IR1 = Vin /R1

then

Vb = (IR1 * R2 ) + Vin = (Vin /R1 * R2) + Vin = Vin*( R2/R1 +1 )

And

Vo = Vc

IR3 + IR4 = IR1

(Vo - Vb)/R3 + (Vc - Vb)/R4 = Vin/R1

From this we solve for Vo

Vo = Vb + ( Vin * (R3||R4)/R1) ) = Vin*( (R2/R1 +1) + (R3||R4)/R1)

Attachments

Last edited:

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I believe you can "weld" R3 and R4 at the right ends (in parallel) since the voltages at the inputs of the second opamp are identical. Nodes which are the same voltage can always be shorted together.

Last edited:

damm1371

Joined Feb 22, 2012
so maybe you can help me with this one as well. I tried to create a new thread for this but keep getting server errors. anyways...

All components are Ideal for the following circuit. Calculate a value for R so that R dissipates maximum power. My first thought is to convert R2, R3, and R from Delta to Y, which gets very messy or is there a better way?

Attachments

vvkannan

Joined Aug 9, 2008
Remove R and calculate the thevenin equivalent resistance as seen by the open circuit.For maximum power transfer the value of R should be equal to the equivalent resistance calculated

mlog

Joined Feb 11, 2012
Remove R and calculate the thevenin equivalent resistance as seen by the open circuit.For maximum power transfer the value of R should be equal to the equivalent resistance calculated
Sounds right. I don't think R1 even enters the equation. Does it?