Cig lighter development case

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Anyone seen a bare/empty cigarette lighter adapter you can buy that one could put their project board/components into?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
nope and nope.. try again :)
Obviously I could buy something and take its guts out but thats not really "production" friendly. I'm surprised the typical plastic project box companies don't have it either..
I just didn't want to have a 12v socket on a cord coming out of a box.. Thought someone might have an all-in-one project socket.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Do you want the male adapter or the female socket?

Have you tried checking at an auto supply store, like Autozone?

They may have something that you can adapt.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Male part..
I thought there must be something out there with the male part with a small stylish empty "box" at the end where you could drop in a small custom PCB and just solder the 2 wires from the adapter tabs to it and voila..

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Anyone seen a bare/empty cigarette lighter adapter you can buy that one could put their project board/components into?
The local Poundland store (everything £1) had a cigarette adaptor to micro-USB, so you get the adaptor case and a bonus prize of a little PCB with a 12V to 5V buck regulator on it.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
point is.. its something I'd like to buy hundreds of.. not have to take someone elses stuff out.

just surprised this isn't out there for "DIY"ers.. No biggie.. I'll go a different direction.