choosing the right comparator

nully000

Joined Jun 14, 2013
hy there, i'm new to electronic and need some help. i want to use a comparator to measure some voltage in micro or nano dimensions, and dont have an oscilloscope. i cannot get the information i want from the data sheets. does any one know a micro controller that can compare micro volts or even better help me understanding these sheets where to look etc
thanks in advance

Andreas

Joined Jan 26, 2009
hy there, i'm new to electronic and need some help. i want to use a comparator to measure some voltage in micro or nano dimensions, and dont have an oscilloscope. i cannot get the information i want from the data sheets. does any one know a micro controller that can compare micro volts or even better help me understanding these sheets where to look etc
thanks in advance
Generally we talk of mV (milli Volt), uV (micro Volt) and pV (pico Volt) but not nano Volt.

So you want to compare two voltages down in the microVolt region using a comparator IC (chip) or with a microcontroller?

Some more descriptive information is required. Such as data sheets, device types, circut schematic, application etc.

P.S. If you wanna get serious about electronics then an oscilloscope is pretty much a necessity.

nully000

Joined Jun 14, 2013
all i need is the name of a cheap chip that can compare two voltage in uV region or even better, can most of these chips do that, and cannot afford an oscilloscope for the moment, will have to do with out

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
all i need is the name of a cheap chip that can compare two voltage in uV region or even better, can most of these chips do that, and cannot afford an oscilloscope for the moment, will have to do with out
Generally comparing voltages in the μV region is dicey. Can you amplify the signals before comparison?