Chook house door

bergybob

Joined Dec 28, 2011
Hi All, Last december I had a problem with building a chook house door opener/closer. Thanks to all who contributed & particularly to Sgt Wookie who redesigned my original design.It has now been over 3 months,I have built 2 of these & they have both been working faultlessly for that time.I have had many interested visitors who are impressed with the end result to the extent I have orders for 2 paying customers.I have attatched a couple of photos of the finished article (the wiring may appear a bit rough but I'm getting better as I go.)
I read with interest that in that time Sgt Wookie has been fighting his own battle & I wish him well for the future.
Many thanks & keep up the good work.
Brian

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Thanks for posting pictures. It's always nice to see the successes. I'm sure sarge appreciates your efforts and kind words.

Geoff122

Joined Apr 17, 2012
Hi

I've just found this great forum and it looks like you Brian and Sgt Wookie have come up with a great design for a chicken coop door opener. Over the winter I've been building a chicken coop and designing an automatic door opener, I came across your design when I was searching for ideas, I had already purchased the same timer as yours Brian so it seemed fitting to draw on some of your ideas, on the timer it looks as though pins 2 and 3 are connected together and then go to the + terminal on the battery, is this correct. I'm just a beginner in electronics so learning as I go, any help would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Geoff

Last edited:

Geoff122

Joined Apr 17, 2012
Hi

Many thanks to Bergybob and Sgt Wookie for a great circuit for the chicken door opener, it works well, not being a dab hand at electronics it was a bit of a learning curve but nothing ventured nothing gained. I've nearly completed my chicken house and now got it installed, I now have to just finish one or two small things and then get my chickens.

Just enclosing some pictures of the completed setup.

Many thanks once again.

Geoff

Attachments

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
That's a very nice looking installation, and excellent craftsmanship on the chicken coop. I'm sure all the neighboring chickens are envious.

Also congratulations on doing the whole thing without asking a single question. Your ratio of questions asked to value-added posts is at the top of the list.

bigtel

Joined Aug 15, 2013
I have come across this thread while looking for a circuit for a chicken door opener - do you have an up to date diagram of what you are currently using? I would love to make my own as getting up at the crack of dawn everyday is something I could do without..!!!

Thanks

Bigel