Cheap Low Power Isolated DC Converter Circuit

lambedan

Joined Oct 21, 2009
Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap low power isolated dc converter circuit. I am looking for an output at 3.3 v with around 10 ma and an input at 3.3 v.
I currently have a basic circuit that outputs far more than it needs and costs a little more than $2 in quantities of a thousand. I would like to get it below $1 in volume if possible. I have found some low power transformers for under a dollar so if I can get the driver circuit costs down it may be possible.

Any advice, circuits or part recommendations for transformers or drivers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
I currently have a basic circuit that outputs far more than it needs and costs a little more than $2 in quantities of a thousand.
Maybe if you post such circuit or give an overall idea what it contains then everyone here can examine it to see if any component can be eliminated, down sized or replaced altogether.

Potato Pudding

Joined Jun 11, 2010
You are talking about battery power source circuits unless I am missing my guess.

I am hoping you tested your cheap transformers for efficiency in this application before buying too many with plans to build thousands of converters.

You could waste a lots of power and battery life with a transformer that is poorly specced.

For building a one off circuit I wouldn't worry but if you want to build volume I think optimized components become very important.