Charger

goldeneye123454321

Joined Oct 1, 2008
Hey, I got three things I need help on. 1) I would like to use a 7.2 4200mAh batter to either charge, or extend the life of cell phones battery. 2) I would like to make a home made charger for a li-po battery thats rated at 11.1DCV. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated. 3) I would like to know if it is any way possible to make a devise that will boost a cellphone signal. The max voltage I would use is about 12DCV. Is this possible? How and what do I need?

Von

Joined Oct 29, 2008
#1) You could plug the battery into the charging jack - not recommended.
#2) LiPo batteries use a "constant current - constant voltage" (cc/cv) algorithm to charge properly. This battery chemistry is not very forgiving and improper charging HAS caused fires - again, not recommended.
#3) There have been a number of "devices" which claim to boost cellphone performance, they are nothing more than snake oil. CP RF radiated power is regulated by the FCC and the FDA so tampering is illegal (i.e. not recommended).

Last edited:

goldeneye123454321

Joined Oct 1, 2008
#1) You could plug the battery into the charging jack - not recommended.
#2) LiPo batteries use a "constant current - constant voltage" (cc/cv) algorithm to charge properly. This battery chemistry is not very forgiving and improper charging HAS caused fires - again, not recommended.
#3) There have been a number of "devices" which claim to boost cellphone performance, they are nothing more than snake oil. CP RF radiated power is regulated by the FCC and the FDA so tampering is illegal (i.e. not recommended).
1)so, i could not build some kind of circuit to limit the voltage to the phone from the battery?
3)i could not just make a circuit and plug it into my phone to run its signal through some kind of booster?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
A Lithium cell phone battery must be properly charged with a battery charger IC that is set up for the spec's of the battery to prevent the battery from catching on fire.

Cell phones operate an many frequencies. A booster works on only a few frequencies and would be illegal because it will cause interference.