Channel Marking Trick

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by arunhypertension9, Oct 16, 2013.

  1. arunhypertension9

    Thread Starter New Member

    Oct 16, 2013
    Hello,everyone,I am Rajesh from Port Blair,India.I am an Electrician and but not very much popular,since I never trained anywhere,I just got to use and see people and learn from them,but now I had done so many works in here and all of them are completely finished and the owners are fully satisfied.I got one question and please provide me the proper and correct answer.I've been using case and cape(Channel Wiring),I just need to know how to find out the case is properly fix in the wall,I don't have helpers,I take works and do it independently without anybody's help,so I need to know how to fix the case properly and accurately on the wall,so that it should look straight by standing in the room.Tell me if there is anything that can help me in this issue.Thank You.:)
  2. ian field

    AAC Fanatic!

    Oct 27, 2012
    Do they make buildings out of flammable materials in your neighbourhood?
  3. Brownout

    Well-Known Member

    Jan 10, 2012
    Use need to use a fastener that's the proper type for the wall construction:

    ancors for cement walls
    screws for 2x4 studs

    You can probably find a copy of the National Electric Code online. Google for it. There is lots of helpful info in there.
  4. MaxHeadRoom


    Jul 18, 2013
    Wow, never realized that was used any more?
    Yes, you need to specify the type of building construction material you are fixing to.
    You also need a spirit level or Plumb-Bob.
    If you don't have the means, a plum-bob is easy to make in a pinch.!
    Takes me back to lead sheathed cable!!.
  5. WBahn


    Mar 31, 2012
    I don't think I've ever heard of "case and cape" wiring. I couldn't find anything on it with a quick Google search. Is there another name it goes by?