Changing Pulse Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon69

Joined Nov 11, 2013
Hello,

I am working on my nephews vehicle. I have the circuit for it all done, except for one problem.

I need to change the flashing of the lights into a steady 12 volts. The switches are grounded, and when activated, they alternate from 0 volts to 12 volts. I can't have it flashing, it is messing up my circuit.

I've spent two days trying to make a circuit to work using a Missing Pulse Detector circuit, but I can't seem to make any of them I can find work.

My nephew has taken the bed off his truck and made it into a flatbed and has purchased some new LED lights for it. He wants me to make a circuit so the lights flash much like the new Mustangs do when the turn signals are activated.

The circuit consists of a 555 timer and a 4017 counter.

I have the circuit finished, except in order for it to operate correctly, I need to have a steady 12 volts come from the turn signal switch. I've pulled the dash apart, and the wires are pulsing.

Any Help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jason

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

bertus