change username or delete my account

shubham161

Joined Jul 22, 2012
Hi, how can i change my username or delete my account. i used my name as my username and by mistake i've told one guy that i am a member of AAC forum. I don't want him or his friend to look at my secret project ideas which i discuss here. I want to delete my account and make a new account with different username so that they can't figure me out.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
"Secret project ideas". Without wanting to sound condescending, why is it that Indian students want to hide their actions in AAC from their colleagues? This has occurred a few times in the past.

On you request, I can't delete your account, since that would leave a whole in the threads and deprive them of continuity.

We may be able to change your account username, but we must come to a unanimous vote amongst the moderator team. We will get back to you about this.

Last edited:

shubham161

Joined Jul 22, 2012
i don't know. maybe because here in india, the first project is considered as original and the second is considered as copy. and there is a competition between students. If some guy works on the same project idea and complete the project faster than me then my project would be considered as a copy and would face rejection.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Don't you declare your project ideas at the beginning of the course to the teacher, so that you can avoid teams picking the same project?

shubham161

Joined Jul 22, 2012
no, we don't declare. there are only two projects (known as minor and major projects) where we need to declare the project idea at the beginning because for those two projects we need guidance of that particular teacher. for rest of the project which comes occasionally we can submit any project on which we are working on.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The council is over.

The only valid reasons for a username change are using an e-mail address as a username or profanity.

Your case doesn't befall in any of the above, thus we will not grant your wish.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Point the problem threads out and we can erase them. Then register as someone else and never look back.

We really do not like leaving smoking holes in the forums.

shubham161

Joined Jul 22, 2012
good idea. thanks!

leaving this account now. tomorrow i'll search and delete problem posts. i've a lot of assignments to complete today.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
We would appreciate it greatly if you simply PMed a moderator with the links of the threads you want deleted.

Please don't delete posts on your own.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I have difficulties in seeing the problem here. This is a public forum. And if you are asking for help here. You must also accept that other members use your threads as a tool for solving their own problems. That is the whole point with such a forum. Maybe you are more afraid that some of the other students shall whisper some words to your teacher about you using this forum for problem solving. But I can not see the problem here either. If you need help in solving some problem. It does not matter if you ask some friends, your teachers, or this forum.

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
I tend to agree with you on this t06afre. My instructors never cared too much where we got help or information as long as we cited our sources in our documentation when submitting our projects.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I have difficulties in seeing the problem here. This is a public forum. And if you are asking for help here. You must also accept that other members use your threads as a tool for solving their own problems. That is the whole point with such a forum. Maybe you are more afraid that some of the other students shall whisper some words to your teacher about you using this forum for problem solving. But I can not see the problem here either. If you need help in solving some problem. It does not matter if you ask some friends, your teachers, or this forum.
Definitely beter to enter with a new name so you can forget forever.

And please resist the temptation to look back

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=73930

There is a new life out there provided you learnt the lesson.