change my username

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I don't think you can... the mods have said before that it is only if you use your email address that they'll let you change it...

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I think you can submit an official request to the mods and they'll consider it. But what possible reason could you have for wanting to change it?

If you do end up changing it, it'd be appreciated if you let people know it's you in order to avoid possible confusion ;)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That one is not part of my dept, so this is an opinion and not a fact. Generally it is not done. Those people who really don't like their user name have to re-enter and reestablish their credits as a new user. The person to ask is Bertus, and it doesn't hurt to ask. Just be prepared to accept no for an answer.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Changing usernames is rarely done.
Changing usernames can also lead to misunderstandings.
It can only be done by the Dave and jrap the administrators and bertus.
If you want to change the username you can send them a PM with arguments why you want to change the name.
One of the occasions the change is allowed is when you entered your e-mail address as a username, then it will often be approved to be changed.

As you already reached the senior status, a namechange will not be done.

Bertus

YoGMan

Joined Sep 20, 2017
Hello,

Changing usernames is rarely done.
Changing usernames can also lead to misunderstandings.
It can only be done by the Dave and jrap the administrators and bertus.
If you want to change the username you can send them a PM with arguments why you want to change the name.
One of the occasions the change is allowed is when you entered your e-mail address as a username, then it will often be approved to be changed.

As you already reached the senior status, a namechange will not be done.

Bertus
Hello I need to change my name to my real name, I cant keep this name. Can you help please ?