ch 2 solid state theory

Peter O'Dette

Joined Feb 11, 2009
pg 51 last paragraph ref. to figure 2.24 (a) should be 2.24 (b)
pg 52 first paragraph ref. to figure 2.24 (b) should be 2.24 (c)
pg 54 last sentence missing a period
pg 55 sec 2.6 first paragraph typo "an" should be and
pg 56 figure 2.29 (a and b) add labels forward and reverse bias under each drawing to make reference easier
pg 56 figure 2.30 (a) may want to state that this diagram is for a forward bias junction
pg 56 last paragraph ( "only leakage" should be changed to leakage current)
pg 57 last paragraph spelling error (recombinetion should be recombination)
pg 58 sec 2.7 junction diode 2nd paragraph may want to add after galena, " a natural mineral form of PdS."
pg 58 last full paragraph - 2 periods after diode
pg 59 fig 2.32 b - may want to mention the ohmic contact shown on top of the P+. ( this may be looked a from the description as the encapsulated area)

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
pg 51 last paragraph ref. to figure 2.24 (a) should be 2.24 (b)
pg 52 first paragraph ref. to figure 2.24 (b) should be 2.24 (c)
pg 54 last sentence missing a period
made these corrections
pg 55 sec 2.6 first paragraph typo "an" should be and
I think this was already corrected, couldn't find it. Found: The problem is two separate and distinct crystal bodies.
pg 56 figure 2.29 (a and b) add labels forward and reverse bias under each drawing to make reference easier
pg 56 figure 2.30 (a) may want to state that this diagram is for a forward bias junction
Figure 03409.png changed, forward, reverse. Changed from (a) PN junction to (a) Forward biased PN junction
pg 56 last paragraph ( "only leakage" should be changed to leakage current)
pg 57 last paragraph spelling error (recombinetion should be recombination)
Make these changes.
pg 58 sec 2.7 junction diode 2nd paragraph may want to add after galena, " a natural mineral form of PdS."
The third paragraph already mentions the mineral galena.
pg 58 last full paragraph - 2 periods after diode
Got it.
pg 59 fig 2.32 b - may want to mention the ohmic contact shown on top of the P+. ( this may be looked a from the description as the encapsulated area)
I am going to leave this one the way it is for the time being. I am not clear on what to do to it. I guess one could say (b) is an Ohmic contact (as opposed to a rectifing metal contact like a schottky diode). Is the point contact diode (a) actually a schottky diode? I'll have to research this last one more, or look for some more feedback