certificate in programming???

vineo76

Joined Dec 6, 2004
Word getting a certificate in programming from a community college do me any good in the job world? I was interested in getting a certificate in programming from a two year community college.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
You need a good portfolio with software/web applications, and you need to know how to use software that is currently used commercially, ideally to have this software available for your own use.

It's also useful to have a stack of brand new literature as well common magazines.

Depends on your age/location/exact course content, but I would not rely too much on certification, it's eventually not relevant at all.

If it is just basic computing/programming skills, and you don't have above mentioned requirements done, it might not be enough. But maybe good for some kind of entry level jobs.

What is also good for job seeking is to have a web site with resumee/profile/photo + contact information including tel., skype, fax, SMS. Not for general public, only to forward for jobs application. And this should be a real domain, not a free website with adverts.

To obtain more detailed advice, write your age group, what kind of software do you use, and what kind of jobs are you looking for, as well more about the course, and the job market at your location.