cellphone project advice

jarwulf

Joined Jul 7, 2013
Hi, I'm basically interested in stuffing a cellphone into a functional older rotary style phone and I was wondering if anyone knew of any detailed tutorials or any relatively active places I could go to for help. The closest thing I could find was the sparkfun tutorial but it seems more like a general commentary than a step by step instruction and the more tutorials the better anyway. (I want to do an even older candlestick) I'm coming to this as a complete newbie so I'll need the help I can get. Is a project like this too difficult for a newcomer? Does this forum have the expertise for this kind of stuff?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I think you will find this is a very simple concept, but something that is very hard to actually do and needs a lot of skill.

Maybe you should stick to some simpler projects for now and build your skill level?

Sparkfun used to sell these. It looks like they're no longer selling them but you can get the Schematics, Layouts, Firmware and everything else you need to make your own from here:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/287

Edit: Just re read your original post and seen that you're already aware of the Sparkfun one. I'm think that you probably won't find any better resource than complete schematics, layouts, firmware and a photo tutorial but I stand to be corrected.

Last edited: