Ceiling Light fixture

kurapika

Joined Feb 14, 2008
I disabled the fuse circuit and replaced the kitchen ceiling light fixtures. I turned the power back on and the light stays on all the time, even when the switch is turned off. I replaced the switch and it still stays on.

Any help please.

ThingMaker3 is correct. An electrician will usually wire from the circuit breaker/fuse to the fixture and from there to the switch. This saves on the amount of wire that needs to be used. But be aware that this hot may be from a seperate switch to control a fan in a ceiling fan/light circuit, or may be an entirely different circuit.:eek:

Jack161

Joined Apr 18, 2015
I had the same problem as this person. When I wired the hot from the fixture to the switched hot wire the light doesn't come on. but the dimmer I am using does but still doesn't control the light

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I had the same problem as this person. When I wired the hot from the fixture to the switched hot wire the light doesn't come on. but the dimmer I am using does but still doesn't control the light
Thread is pretty old, if you are having this problem now it may be wise to simply start another thread. Also include your mains voltage and any other pertinent data.

Ron