Caution about ExpressPCB

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
One of the things I have just found out about is that the silkscreen text is not tied to the PCB layers. When placing several PCB layouts together as a larger composite PCB, some of those layouts need to rotate to fit better and save space.

The you discover all the part numbers and labels are still in the original orientation. Some considerable time is needed to get things to look the way you had intended.

I'll have something to report about the quality of the PCB's in a bit...

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Ho, ho. The economy of scale applies, so I want to order something like 10 sets of boards (each large board gets sawn into 15 smaller ones). So I am triple checking foil and component identifications.

The larger issue is about a workshop in which I might expect to sell 8 - 10 instruments. My USDA researcher has not go the approval to interface with a state university to host the event. So no order until the checks are once again made, and I get the word that my market may exist.

The issue with the silkscreen layer text was a big time sink, though.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I have always used ExpressPCB for proto's and production PCB's, I have never had issues with their boards or silkscreen..... for that matter I had never any problems with their PCB's, I even got gerber files from them once for another board just so I could have someone else make them (This company also did the component assembly, that is why I switch to them from ExpressPCB) but for just boards, I have had good experience with them.... as a matter of fact I just spent over $6K with boards that I ordered from them....

here are some of the boards >>> I had multiple designs made at the same time...ExpressPCB.jpg