Car Turn Signal Light Modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlrunnings

Joined Dec 30, 2011
I recently purchased an 12V LED strip that I want to connect in parallel to my car's turn signal light so it will blink when a turn signal is given. However I want this light to remain ON while no turn signal is given.

I've been thinking of how to connect it without adding any relays and I've come up with the following.

Connect the LED strip in parallel to the Parking Lights, which will supply 12V continuously, and then add a diode to the negative wire, where the cathode is facing the LED strip, and then take the 12V cable from the Turn Signal and connect it between the cathode and LED strip. When the Turn Signal is ON, the 12V from the Parking Light and the 12V from the Turn Signal will have 0V potential and the LED strip will turn off, and the diode blocks the 12V from shorting out across the lights and battery.

It seems like it should work, if someone has a better suggestion please respond. I have attached a crude CCT diagram.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus