car maker/model ?

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
I am curious though I haven't been able to find it yet.
A list of all car manufactures and there models from the 1960 up to current.
Would like pictures of the cars if possible.

The other thing was I was wondering about vehicle manufactures history.

1) What was the history of car manufactures from the beginning to current was it only gm , ford , Chrysler that eventually split into subsidiaries or other companies... sort of like the telephone At&T company.

2) for motorcycles , utv , atv , boats , airplanes what is the company history on those was it like gm , ford , pratty and whitney ,...etc
I just wondering if the motor/engine manufactures where the ones that did all the types of vehicles cars , boats , ..etc from the beginning or was it different companies specialized in one or the other. In theory I would think the principles of most vehicles ,engine , transmission , propeller ,..etc could be done at the start by one or a few companies. GM , Ford...etc

Just curious if people out there can refer me or provide me with more info on the history of vehicles/transportation. Seems most of transportation before the engine was invented was by animal means (horses , camel ,..etc) or by boat means (manually rowing , using wind ) or by human pulling/pushing.
I actually don't think there was any other means before then maybe air balloon only comes to mind as a possibility.
So the invention of the engine gave birth to a totally machine driven way of creating motion ... which frees up any human/animal/living things intervention to move to get from point A to point B.

other Question 1
Also curious what percent of makers models are currently on the road approximately. I mean how many models are 2 ,5,10,15,20,30,40 years old still
on the road. And how many years back can you service them at a local station or manufacture place before they say the engine part doesn't exist any more , something you can't fix because it is not made any more. I guess one could always maybe get it specially made if he wanted to shell out the cash / had enough money. But normally if you couldn't or the car would totally break down to frequently until one would have to either completely special parts overhaul the whole car , or just junk it. (plus the fact actually finding a mechanic that new how to install / fix and had the tools could be a problem in old car cases I would imagine.... though tools less so I would imagine)

Curious what you think on the percentage of makers models out there and the
approximate percentage break down of year models on the roads now a days.

other Question 2
Also curious on how far back in years does the makers support there models until they stop making parts for that particular model... would it be 2,5,10,20 years or more or less? Would be nice to know.

Thank you for any advice on these questions

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
well going by this http://www.crazeforcars.com/top-10s/top-10-car-manufacturers/

In a few years there would be enough cars for each person in the world or it seems that the number of cars being produced would stay in sync if not even faster then the growing population so everybody could in theory get a car there is no shortage in car vehicles for humans.

As for boats I haven't done the math partly because I haven't come across accurate data on how many/which type are produced / and how fast.
But I would imagine less demand in alot of cases so taking it all into account I would say most other vehicles like airplanes ,aircraft ,helicopters ,...etc are all
enough to go around if a person wants one (provide money/greed is not an issue ) anybody could get any vehicle they want. Obviously operating the vehicle is another story :)

And forget the history of transportation / vehicles / who invented what...etc it would be like the history of the computer , radio , textile machines ,...etc there is highlights with certain key players though it is more of an evolution contributed by everybody a little bit some more then others ....

Gets a little fuzzy as you get closer to current partly because you can only analysis the passed better then the future or even current. Since the passed is something that stay's fix based on data and facts , future and current outlooks can be effected but the passed if the data doesn't change it is pretty much the same analysis/history.. what I am getting at is you cann't know the history of the present or future (at most all) as well as you can the past based on data.

Even when it comes to the present somethings they just don't make it accurate on the internet to analysis like how many cars each manufacture produces a year , day ,...etc what types of vehicles , and any other question I am sure the raw data from all the DMV or car /vehicle insurance agencies have. Or that economists in the industry have available.

Last edited:

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
Maybe I am wrong if this is accurate
http://www.worldometers.info/
Not sure what is accurate for data that is the only thing stopping me from determining if the world had enough food , energy , vehicles , shelter ,...etc to provide people we a good quality of life.

Something tells me it is not the lack of things but people themselves that cause the problems for others...
though I maybe wrong.
And would love to have enough information on what can't be automized for computer to do work wises someday.

The history of transportation and vehicle manufactures / assembly will just come with reading and time... it will be interesting to see the trends since this may lead me to predict vehicle industry /transportation industry future.

Last edited:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Still say this guy is,
1. Loosie in disguise
OR
2.conducting some kind of sociology experiment. To see how far he can go with complete strangers, before they get upset.

How does he get to 1000+ post with out any of them being about electronics?
can't be loosie.. Math's sentences actually make some sense.
But they might have the same shrink. ;)

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Can cars? I don't have to have to know. Maybe then answer is irrelevant. Can transistor? Possibilities come and go. Dilemmas abound, the cloud can advise...

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Problem: being annoyed by posts
Solution?: ignore them

Unless they are personal (which these are not), it works for me.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Problem: being annoyed by posts
Solution?: ignore them

Unless they are personal (which these are not), it works for me.
But this guy's are like driving by a bad car wreck, just got to look. It's just amazing to me how little he knows about every day stuff in the world, and how things work. Or where they come from. My young grandkids are smarter about the world!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
He isn't that bad. He isn't presenting himself as a superhuman version of James Bond who has come to save us from our ignorance, he just doesn't know the difference between electronics and car collecting.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Besides, we are all friends here. It is one of the things that attracted me. People are allowed to let their hair down and be themselves. Everyone needs friends.