capacitor

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
How much of your tuition will you pay me if I answer your homework question?

I don't need the degree, I already have a high paying job, but I'd be happy to help you graduate from your courses, while keeping you dumb. When you get out of school and go looking for a job, I won't have to worry, because you won't know anything( because other people gave you the answers), and I'll be secure in my job, not worrying about some young "smart" kid trying to get into the business and push me out to retirement.

:)

What have you managed to do with the problem so far, besides take the time to type the question into the computer?

gaurav1292

Joined Oct 1, 2009
i have calculated equivalent capacitance of the system and net charge given by battery....after doing this, i don't know how to approach this................

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Please show your work of what you have completed so far.

Optional, click the link in my sigline to see how to make it look readable, and learn TeX at the same time!

what all the above mean is we expect posts in the forum to be like this

"according to my calc
Qc1 = xyz, because
Qc2 = xyz, because
"

or what i dont understand is ......
or if i had <this> i would be able to solve the question .....

themotorman

Joined Jun 13, 2009
For capacitor questions you need some equations. Some look like these Q= I x T E=1/2 C x V^2/
Q = VC . Q is called charge , think of it as a load of electrons sitting on the capacitor on one side,
t is time, I is current usually in amps, E is energy in Joules or watt-seconds and C is capacitance a physical measurement of the capability to store a charge.
These will give you all you need for problems relating various connections of capacitors. You can derive from these that capacitors in parallel add to the total and when in series you need the reciprocal of all the reciprocal capacitances add together. This is the opposite to resistors and inductors.