capacitor wiring??

dark91zc

Joined Mar 8, 2012
i am good with wiring just never used capacitors before.

what i am doing.
i have a 1990 suzuki quad racer lt500r. i am going to run a H.i.d. for my headlight. the quad does not have a battery. it is a 12v system. what i want to do is run a capacitor for the headlight so it does not flicker when the quad revs up. i went to radio shack i bought a 1000µF Electrolytic Capacitor (axial leads - 35wvdc maximum) part number 272-1019. what is the easiest way to wire this or do i need a different capacitor? thanks for the help

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Normally automotive topics are not allowed on AAC. But this is an off-road vehicle, there shouldn't be a problem.

You could wire it simply in parallel with the 12V system but will probably not do very much. 1000uF isn't really a lot, when you want to power a headlight.

So what's the wattage of the headlight? Since there is no battery I assume the 12V system is powered by an alternator? Is that correct?

Btw, I jsut saw this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFJ0KBHYWyM
I would be soooo happy if this was my neighbor. :)

dark91zc

Joined Mar 8, 2012
it is a Xentec Ballast Voltage is dc 9v-32v and output 35w ±3w. it is a stator assembly. sorry about that. and thanks for the help. i have been looking for a solution for a while with this.