Can't post

Unregistered

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I can't reply or post. This is the only avenue left to me. jpanhalt

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
John,

I have reset your account as there was a misnomer on it. You should now be able to post.

Have you altered any settings today?

Dave

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Yes, I changed my e-mail. I was not getting notifications and one possibility was that that account was bouncing them. After the change, I was locked out here. I then went back to my old e-mail but was still locked out. The misnomer flag apparently had been set.

I would still like to change my e-mail just to check out that possibility for why I am not getting notifications.

Thanks for fixing this problem so promptly.

John

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Yes, I changed my e-mail. I was not getting notifications and one possibility was that that account was bouncing them. After the change, I was locked out here. I then went back to my old e-mail but was still locked out. The misnomer flag apparently had been set.

I would still like to change my e-mail just to check out that possibility for why I am not getting notifications.
We have recently placed e-mail confirmation on user accounts, firstly as a security measure, and secondly as an anti-spam measure. When you changed your e-mail it sends a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you are changing from with an activation link - whilst waiting on you clicking the activation link it temporarily freezes your account. I guess if there is a problem with a certain e-mail account bouncing e-mails from AAC that activation e-mail never gets there. In that instance members can post here anonymously and either Rob or I can manually reactivate the account pending confirmation on who you are (btw, I recognised your cox-address from previous correspondence).

Thanks for fixing this problem so promptly.

John
No problem, I'm glad it's sorted. Let me know if you have any further issues.

Dave