Can't post a new thread

Jeauxm

Joined May 8, 2013
I am having trouble posted a new thread that has about 2 pages of info - is there a limit ?

I even contacted the webmaster but have not heard back........ I will try again today.

Last edited:

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Over 20 characters in a thread title has been known to cause errors. You can upload a maximum of 6 images in a single post, and (and I could be wrong here), I think you get 5000 characters per post.

Good luck reaching the web master....you're best berry is here, with us. :)

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I don't know about the size limit on posts, but I do know that if the post is more than a few paragraphs, my mind tends to glaze over when I read it. Short and concise is much better for posts. You are much more likely to get a response. ;)

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Oh, yeah, I've hit that since it includes the previous conversation in your reply.

So, anyone confirm the maximum for a post? Anyone dare to try? :)

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The maximum size of a post is 5000 characters.
This will also include characters in links etc.
There is also a limit of maximum 6 attachments/images in one post.

Bertus

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Oh, yeah, I've hit that since it includes the previous conversation in your reply.

So, anyone confirm the maximum for a post? Anyone dare to try? :)
Trying with garbage I got this:

1. The text that you have entered is too long (16163 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.

Now you know. Satisfied? :p

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have done it several times, but then, I was writing an article. 5K sounds about right, when I exceed it I have to split it into chunks.