Cant oscillate sine wave from "bubba" oscillator

LFU

Joined Apr 3, 2010
Hey,
Mt project is DC/AC inverter.
In this project i am using a "bubba" ocsillator as a sine ref circuit.
Whan i am tring to simuliting this ocsillator using "Pspice" i get a DC wave at the outputs.
whan i have wireup'd this circuit in reality i have succssfully saw the sine wave.
why i cant see sine wave in Pspice?

thanks!
Liran

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
What is your simulation start and stop times, and what is your step?

Do you skip the initial operating point?

R7 and R8 should be adjusted for about 1.2v out (R7=9k, R8=1k), and connected directly to U6 pin 3. Remove U5C. A TL08x opamp can't get within 3v of the negative rail, so it's not really suitable for a voltage follower for a voltage that close to the negative rail.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Your schematic has too many ground wires, supply wires and crossed wires all over the place. If you use ground symbols, use + supply symbols and uncrossed all the crossed wires then it would look neat and tidy like the one you tried to copy.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
What is your simulation start and stop times, and what is your step?

Do you skip the initial operating point?

R7 and R8 should be adjusted for about 1.2v out (R7=9k, R8=1k), and connected directly to U6 pin 3. Remove U5C. A TL08x opamp can't get within 3v of the negative rail, so it's not really suitable for a voltage follower for a voltage that close to the negative rail.
He needs a different op amp. LM348 won't work with 1.2V on the inputs either.:(

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
TLV 2474 was used in the bubba oscillator in TI's Op Amps for Everyone.

on edit ...

This disclaimer appears with alot of macromodels ...
* ------------------------------------------------------------------------
*|(C) Copyright Texas Instruments Incorporated 2007. All rights reserved. |
*| |
*|This Model is designed as an aid for customers of Texas Instruments. |
*|No warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to this Model |
*|or its fitness for a particular purpose is claimed by Texas Instruments |
*|or the author. The Model is licensed solely on an "as is" basis. The |
*|entire risk as to its quality and performance is with the customer. |
* ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
If you do not power it properly or if you short its output with an impedance less than about 1k ohm then the oscillator will not work.
An 8 ohm speaker as its load shorts its output. Use a power amplifier to drive a low impedance speaker.

Y2J

Joined Feb 17, 2011
I have Dc/Ac inverter circuit that same with LFU, using 1r2110 as gate driver of IRF20n50k and bubba oscillator as oscillator. I tried simulate it using PPSPICE and Proteus but it did not functioning. Does anybody here know how to solve this? I doing my project upon this topic. Need help. TQ.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
IRF20N50k does not seem to be a good part number.

Trying to use a "bubba" oscillator or other sine wave oscillator as an input to an IR2110 gate driver won't work; you would need other circuitry.

You have not posted an image of your schematic, so we have no idea what to tell you.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I thought maybe he was trying to use the Bubba oscillator as the reference for a true sine wave output inverter.