Cannot post in homework section?

SevenSeas

Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hello,

I'm having trouble posting in the homework section. After I press the "submit new thread" button "The website cannot display the page" is shown on both IE and chrome. Any ideas why?

Last edited:

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I've already read the post and shorted my title to "circuit help" and it still doesn't allow me to post it...
You do have 20 characters, you can be more descriptive than that!

...other than the thread title, ensure your post has less than 5000 characters (believe me, you are better off, no one will read that), that there are less than 7 images attached, and that there are no warnings reported.

Who knows, maybe the forum had too many "circuit help" titled threads?;)

SevenSeas

Joined Jun 20, 2013
Maybe haha. Maybe I can post it here and have a mod move it to the homework section?

As for the others, I have 1 picture linked to it and it has a total of 127 words.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I 'm sorry that the forum software gives you trouble.

If you indeed have less than 20 characters in your thread title, then try one of the following:

1. Wait a bit in case it's a transient phenomenon.
2. Try posting in another forum and then ask a mod to move your thread.
3. Send your thread in a PM to a mod and ask for it to be placed in the appropriate forum.

@tshuck,
Thank you for answering this kind of posts so fast. There have been a lot lately. Maybe there ought to be an "IT phone service" status for you.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012

If you indeed have less than 20 characters in your thread title, then try one of the following:

3. Send your thread in a PM to a mod and ask for it to be placed in the appropriate forum.

@tshuck,
Thank you for answering this kind of posts so fast. There have been a lot lately. Maybe there ought to be an "IT phone service" status for you.
Ha! I guess I check in at just the right times....

SevenSeas

Joined Jun 20, 2013

@tshuck,
Thank you, I'll post in another section and have a mod move it.

SevenSeas

Joined Jun 20, 2013
I cannot even post in the any part of the forum now...

Edit:
Finally got it working but it seems really odd why it wasn't working. I had to resort to posting the thread from my iPad which worked. Something else I noticed was that the posts I've make from this thread haven't contributed to my posts on my profile which seems odd.

I'm running Windows 8 and the latest version of chrome + IE if this helps.

Last edited:

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I cannot even post in the any part of the forum now...

Edit:
Finally got it working but it seems really odd why it wasn't working. I had to resort to posting the thread from my iPad which worked. Something else I noticed was that the posts I've make from this thread haven't contributed to my posts on my profile which seems odd.

I'm running Windows 8 and the latest version of chrome + IE if this helps.
Posts in off topic don't count toward your overall post count.... otherwise, some of our more.....errm.....less than savvy, yet very TALKATIVE members would be seen as experts. That could be bad for business....

SevenSeas

Joined Jun 20, 2013
Posts in off topic don't count toward your overall post count.... otherwise, some of our more.....errm.....less than savvy, yet very TALKATIVE members would be seen as experts. That could be bad for business....
Seems sensible, thank you for your help anyway.