Can you solve this

swapnilnimbalkar

Joined Apr 10, 2013
I want to make a machine which includes Four DC Motors (M1, M2, M3, M4 6V). When I press the button and release it something like mentioned below should happen

Operation will be as follows:

Button Pressed and released

M1 Start - Forward (5s) - stop

M2 Start - Forward (20s) - stop

M1 Start - Reverse (5s) - Stop

M3 Start - Forward (5s) - stop

M4 Start - Forward (5s) - Reverse (5s) - stop

M3 Start - Reverse (5s) - Stop

Can anyone guide me how to make this circuit?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Is this controlled by one pushbutton or four buttons?

This can be done with digital ICs but it would be simpler to implement using a microcontroller.
Which solution would you prefer?

swapnilnimbalkar

Joined Apr 10, 2013
It sounds to me like he wants to press one button, one time and have the entire sequence take place.
i.e. correct.:)
I want to press only one button and then entire sequence should take place.
Can anyone design this kind of circuit?
With Whatever material they want IC's Microcontrollers etc.

Last edited:

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Is this a school assignment?
Are you going to actually build it?
What microcontroller family do you have experience with?
What programming language do you have experience with?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
It seems like you are making some sort of conveyer system, or moving objects. If so, you need to be aware that the number of rotations a motor makes in a given time is dependent on, assuming constant supply, life of the motor as . If however, all you want is to spin things for x seconds, this woo be fine, otherwise, you are going to need a control system...

swapnilnimbalkar

Joined Apr 10, 2013
Dear tracecom..........
Ans: No.
Ans: YES!
Ans: None (I think this website is for beginners like me. What should i look up first in this website to get some basic knowledge)
Ans: None.

Can you still help me with that?

Dear tshuch...........
I am not concerned with the small errors or errors that are build over a period of time.

Can anyone help?:confused:

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
These errors will result in a non-functional system. Perhaps you can explain what the project is so that we may help you better.
I'd hate to spend a few months explaining how to do this only to have the system not function properly.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Dear tracecom..........
Ans: No.
Ans: YES!
Ans: None (I think this website is for beginners like me. What should i look up first in this website to get some basic knowledge)
Ans: None.

Can you still help me with that?

Dear tshuch...........
I am not concerned with the small errors or errors that are build over a period of time.

Can anyone help?:confused:
The easiest microcontroller family to learn is the PICAXE. Its main advantages are that you don't need an expensive programmer and the programming software is free. Of course, you still have to learn to write the code for it. Check it out at www.picaxe.com.

There are people here who will help, but not many who will do it all for you.

You call yourself a beginner, but do you have experience soldering? Do you have a digital multimeter or an oscilloscope? Can you read a schematic and build a circuit from the schematic? Give us some idea of your experience.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Could also be done using logic ICs like the 74hc123. But no matter what is used there will need to be an H-bridge for each motor, for forward and reverse. Won't there?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Could also be done using logic ICs like the 74hc123. But no matter what is used there will need to be an H-bridge for each motor, for forward and reverse. Won't there?
Provided he is using brushed DC motors and decides he doesn't want a bipolar supply:)

swapnilnimbalkar

Joined Apr 10, 2013
The easiest microcontroller family to learn is the PICAXE. Its main advantages are that you don't need an expensive programmer and the programming software is free. Of course, you still have to learn to write the code for it. Check it out at www.picaxe.com.

There are people here who will help, but not many who will do it all for you.

You call yourself a beginner, but do you have experience soldering? Do you have a digital multimeter or an oscilloscope? Can you read a schematic and build a circuit from the schematic? Give us some idea of your experience.

I have experience with soldering.
I have digital multimeter.
I cannot read schematic and build circuit from from it.:(