Can you guys help me with this Problem (El. Eng.1)

PleaseHelp

Joined Sep 6, 2009
Can you guys help me with this problem I have..?

Its very urgent and any help would be truly appreciated..

Here is the image I tried to make on Paint...

All I need to find out is what ( Ix ) is.. But I do need the solution to it...

Thanx

PleaseHelp

Joined Sep 6, 2009
i do not, just started this course and i need this by tomorrow..which is why its so urgent....can you please show me.. like post how to do it or something.. id really appreciate it mate..anything would help..

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
PleaseHelp,

Can you guys help me with this problem I have..?

Its very urgent and any help would be truly appreciated..

i do not, just started this course and i need this by tomorrow..which is why its so urgent....can you please show me.. like post how to do it or something.. id really appreciate it mate..anything would help..
OK, the first thing we do is combine the two north parallel 5 ohm resistors into one 2.5 ohm resistor. Then we realize that the 2 amp east branch will have 2 amps existing in it no matter what value the 5 ohm southeast resistance is. So we remove the 5 ohm southeast resistor in series with the 2 amp current source, and replace it with a zero ohm wire. Next we realize that the voltage across the 5 ohm south resistor in parallel with the 6 volt source going to be 6 volts no matter what the resistance value is. So we remove it completely from the circuit. Then we call on our friend Mr Thévenin to change the east branch to a 10 volt source in series with a 5 ohm resistor, and the west side branch to a 4 volt source in series with a 2.5 ohm resistor. Now we sum up the voltage sources around the outside loop. They are starting from the west side and going clockwise 4 volts + 10 volts + 6 volts = 20 volts. Then sum up all the resistances. They are starting from the west and going clockwise 2.5 ohms + 2.5 ohms + 5 ohms = 10 ohms . Therefore, the current around the loop is 2 amps and each of the 2 north resistors has 1 amp of current existing within it.

Ratch

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
PleaseHelp,

Your are welcome, PleaseHelp. I hope your plea for help got answered quickly enough for you to benefit from it.

Ratch