Can we made TV antenna from PCB line etching?

mangyver5223

Joined Oct 22, 2011
Hi, I have my own idea for changing the 2-pole antenna with PCB-etched line antena.

As we know the height and length of antenna affect the signal reception (through equation C=f x λ) , my intention was to change the metal stick antenna to PCB etched line since I assume the PCB-etched line as substitute for antenna metal stick.Will it works just like normal antenna by ignoring the height factor? Because I saw that the old radio has long wired antenna but they wound it so it won't be messy :confused:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I was talking about this yesterday because I learned someting about fractile antennas. They are used in cell phones to make a Ghz range, wide band receiving antenna about the size of a coin.

I would be so interested in a broadcast band fractile antenna (~50 Mhz to 900 Mhz) with about 9 db of gain, about the size of my shoe, and retailing for $12 U.S. Due to local conditions, I would need a place to tie in another directional antenna (channel 10 yagi or fractile yagi replacement) and a place to attach the down lead, preferably 75 ohm coax cable.

Unfortunately, I am so incompetent in that field that I can't even spell fractile!

Anybody have answers?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Typical MBA engineering. Look, a breakthrough in antenna design. This could make all the sheet metal designs obsolete if we just reduce its size until it doesn't work without a pre-amp, and doesn't work on some channels, even WITH a pre-amp.