Can the Sar value of mobile phones increase over time?

varden

Joined Jul 11, 2016
I have been using my phone for 3 years and never had a major problem with it. About a month ago, I started to feel uncomfortable with my hands whenever I use my phone, even if it is just warm. It feels like faint burning and stinging sensation. It starts in like 30 second and if I continue to use, it gets worse. I always thought I mistake these feellings because of hot weather and didn't think about it too much. Yesterday my sister was using my phone and she complained about the same things, same symptoms.I didn't even tell her about it before. Later I had my mom check it and she said same things.

Only different thing I do is charging my phone with a charger which has less current capacity because my orginal one was broken and I usually don't wait for a full charge. I just disconnect and use it. After I am done, I start charging again.

Is there any possibility that I broke the battery or something and now it emits more radio waves? I know it sounds stupid but I have no other idea what it could be. if I don't use the phone too often, my hands slowly get normal.

My phone is sony xz which is fairly new and in a good condition. Charger gives 1.5 amper. And I know this is unlikely but I have no other theory about what is happening. Any ideas are welcome.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I would look for something else....in the environment that is irritating your hands. Unless you spilled an acid or base on the phone.

It's something physical, not radio waves that are affecting your hands. That, or it's in your mind. Which can be much more convincing.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'm thinking something along the lines of you (or someone) used your phone and their hands had something like Ben-Gay lotion or perhaps they had been handling hot peppers and left a residue on your phone. If so, you just need a good cleaning with the right cleaner.

Turn your phone completely off (even remove the battery) and hold it in your hand for a couple minutes and see if you experience the same thing. Or put on a pair of rubber/latex gloves and then make a call and stay on the phone for a couple minutes and see if you experience the same thing.

varden

Joined Jul 11, 2016
Sorry I couldn't answer, I barely found time to sleep.
I think it was because of the case I ordered from china. Ever since I removed it, my hands are much better. I was using it for months tho. It wasn't a new case.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Sorry I couldn't answer, I barely found time to sleep.
I think it was because of the case I ordered from china. Ever since I removed it, my hands are much better. I was using it for months tho. It wasn't a new case.
Could be something got on the case. Could be that it took this much time for some chemical in the case to leech out enough to build up a sufficient concentration to be noticeable.