Can someone tell me what this board does (just from looking at the picture)?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Whatever the board does it is fairly complex. But the picture is very poor for allowing an actual understanding, given that all of those wires obstruct the view a whole lot. Or is this some sort of trick, to see what people will say?
There is text on the drawing and that may give some clues about what the board is, if they were visible.

smc9696

Joined Apr 23, 2018
I do apologize for the limited information given and poor picture.
I did find out a little more, if it helps at all.
The board has the following written on it: G4M11 94V0 1517 ET7.

Also, it appears this may have 19V, 5A coming into VIN, and powering a small micro ATX mother board thru Vout.
I just don't know what this boards function would be.The only other wires connected to the board, besides the Vin, Vout is the Red/Black connector you see in the picture.

I know that's limited information, so it's a stretch.
Thanks in advance.

smc9696

Joined Apr 23, 2018
Sensacell:
I wish I had the exact answer for you. It's a custom box that someone made and I don't know the overall function. I do know that it is powering a PC motherboard that controls other components (lights, LCD screen, small motors, etc.). I'm just trying to understand the over power distribution within the "custom box", and break the overall circuitry down.

Again, I know it's VERY limited information, and it's a stretch. I really didn't expect someone to know exactly what it's for, just maybe give me clues. I posted in an earlier thread, some numbers that are etched on the board.

Thank you for your time.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
The 94V0 is the fire rating of the PCB. The 1517 is likely a date code, meaning it was built the 15th week of 2017, or could be the 17th week of 2015. Not all board manufacturers follow the same codes, but I'd opt for the first date code of being built in 2017.

There's a USB port used for some purpose. I'm guessing that the small red and black twisted wires are some sort of connection to a sensor. The heavier red and black wires appear to control a motor - but keep in mind this is all guesswork. The dip switch - can be for any number of purposes. Most common place I've seen them (ME, MYSELF) is in garage door openers where you set the code on the transmitter and match the code on the receiver. But again, this is all guesswork. The very heavy sheathed black wire in the corner appears either to be a power plug OR an output intended for home use of some kind. Something that is expected to see some flexing, so I'd doubt it's for a garage door opener or any other type of fixed circuit board.

If you can take a picture with the wires sequestered out of the way we might be able to tell a bit more, but without knowing a manufacturer, any model number you might find on the board is virtually useless.

smc9696

Joined Apr 23, 2018
The 94V0 is the fire rating of the PCB. The 1517 is likely a date code, meaning it was built the 15th week of 2017, or could be the 17th week of 2015. Not all board manufacturers follow the same codes, but I'd opt for the first date code of being built in 2017.

There's a USB port used for some purpose. I'm guessing that the small red and black twisted wires are some sort of connection to a sensor. The heavier red and black wires appear to control a motor - but keep in mind this is all guesswork. The dip switch - can be for any number of purposes. Most common place I've seen them (ME, MYSELF) is in garage door openers where you set the code on the transmitter and match the code on the receiver. But again, this is all guesswork. The very heavy sheathed black wire in the corner appears either to be a power plug OR an output intended for home use of some kind. Something that is expected to see some flexing, so I'd doubt it's for a garage door opener or any other type of fixed circuit board.

If you can take a picture with the wires sequestered out of the way we might be able to tell a bit more, but without knowing a manufacturer, any model number you might find on the board is virtually useless.
Good information. Thank you very much.