Can men walk and dance in high heels ( split from What makes a song a hit ? )

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
When it looks like fun, would you give it a try?
Could you walk or even dance on heels?

Bertus
What happens during a "Shellback" initiation WOG 'Beauty' contest stays in a ... Well, it once did.

Not my photo but most were like this one.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
What happens during a "Shellback" initiation WOG 'Beauty' contest stays in a ... Well, it once did.

Not my photo but most were like this one.
Well, I see a lot of flip-flop shoes (wich I do not have because I can not have anything between my toes) and hardly any high heels.

Bertus

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Well, I see a lot of flip-flop shoes (wich I do not have because I can not have anything between my toes) and hardly any high heels.

Bertus
Only the best contestants wore heels during the 'talent' part of the show that was not usually PG-13.:D Each department had to submit one 'queen' contestant. If you won the contest you were a Shellback without the normal initiation.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Did you also have a Nehru jacket, white brushed denim bell bottoms, black silk shirt, medallion with your astrological sign and matching Turquoise bracelet and choker? We wore crazy sh|t back then.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

No, my boots had all kinds of colors bands on them.
I had a sweater with almost the same colors as my boots.
I often wore blue jeans.

Bertus

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
http://www.refinery29.com/history-of-men-in-heels
To kick off its 20th anniversary, the Bata Shoe Museum of Toronto is presenting Standing Tall: The Curious History Of Men In Heels: a full-blown — and utterly fascinating — history of men in heels. The exhibit features heels of all heights worn by rock stars, soldiers, and cowboys from different cultures and just about every corner of the world. If you can wrap your head around it, men have been wearing heels since the 1600s as a symbol of masculinity.

The exhibition asks a profound question: Why don't mean wear heels now? It's a provocative thought, because the cultural turning point in fashion where men in heels became unacceptable remains undocumented.

“When heels were introduced into fashion at the turn of the 17th century, men were the first to adopt them and they continued wearing heels as expressions of power and prestige for over 130 years,” Elizabeth Semmelhack, senior curator at the museum, explained. “Even after they fell from men’s fashion in the 1730s, there were pockets of time when heels were reintegrated into the male wardrobe, not as a way of challenging masculinity, but rather as a means of proclaiming it."
Tall heels have been a fashion statement for men for a long time but the stiletto heel is, a little different.;)