Can macros run when the computer is locked

Yogibear76

Joined Apr 30, 2013
Hi, I have a VBA script in MS Outlook that opens up the excel attachments on a particular subject matter and run an excel macro on the file, and then sends it out via email to a distribution list.

I can schedule the report to be sent to me via email during the lunch hour and would like the macro to run during this time. However, my PC is usually locked when i go off for lunch.

Is there a way to get the macro to run in the background (ie. when email comes in, run VBA script, open attachment, run excel macro, sends out via email) when the PC is in locked mode?

Appreciate advice. Thks.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
The term "Locking" a computer can mean several things.
The most common is physical lock - disable user access thru' Mouse, Keyboard and the usual Computer Pheripherals.

Yes, you can get the macro to run in the background (ie. when email comes in, run VBA script, open attachment, run excel macro, sends out via email) when the PC is in such a "locked" mode?

Ramesh

vpoko

Joined Jan 5, 2012
Assuming you mean locking windows, yes, your macro would continue to run. Locking prevents user input and the session from being displayed. Applications & services continue to run and respond to events.