Can i replace fuse temporary with Wire? LCD Monitor repair...

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
hi there.

i have one LCD monitor here;

If i remember right i have replaced all the CE on the both of boards;

begin check level by level and when measured the voltage on the input of bridge rectifier the voltage was ok . then when measure the voltage on input filter big CE i have made some short and the fuse was gone.

In short : i maybe dont have such fuse here. can i replace it till repairing the LCD with basic wire?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi 159,
Many fuses used on electronic equipment are 'fast' blow types, I would not recommend using regular wire.
If you have a suitably rated 'fast' fuse element in your bits box, that would be OK, solder leads to the fuse.
E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
In theory the original should 'blow' before any other damage should occur.

Why were you measure the voltages? is there a fault on the equipment.?

E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
If you can read the type of thermistor on the old thermistor, usually printed on the thermistor body, I would purchase an exact replacement.
If you cannot read the printed name, do you have a datasheet for the faulty equipment.
E

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
i have pdf for the monitor and in this pdf its written sck 084

on the element i see sck-084

the question - is this measurement i have done right ?

in the pdf of the element its written 8ohms zero power resistance, i measure 20ohms..

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Looking at the datasheet, I would say that would be OK, the resistance will depend upon the body temperature of the thermistor.
E

Attachments

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
have replaced the faulty fuse with good one (same values and type)

have put back the thermistor and there was boom again;

now where to look for that short because of which the voltage/current is going too big...

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Looking thru those images, it showing damage, it should be possible to trace the problem.
Disconnect the monitor from the mains supply, ensure than any capacitors are discharged and carry out a resistance test along the burnt track/components.
E

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
ensure than any capacitors are discharged
>
think you mean that*

you want to test concrete resistance out of board or? i didn`t understand. please explain :)

edit : i think this burnt on the capacitors can be from the Thermistor...?