can I plugin the stb adapter along with tv ac dc adopter in a tv stablizer

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, I bought a tv stabilizer named Care D25 1.1 amp stablilzer along with the tv and it is working normally. Sometimes, i could hear repeated clicks from it, when there is electrical fluctuations.
I am having 14 volt ac dc adapter for the samsung tv, which i connect with the stabilizer.
But I find one more provision of three pin plug in the stabililzer.
Now I use the STB adopter in a separate plug in the extension box from the wall.
Can I use the other three pin plug to plug the stb adapter plug.
Will there be any problem, If i plug the STB plug also, because, from the description, it is a tv stabilizer up to 28 inch led tv.
I do not know, the details about the stb adapter voltage.
please give me answer

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
It sounds like you are trying to describe a UPS, ( Uninterruptible Power Supply ),
a quick search for Care D25 turns-up nothing.

What is this unit supposed to do ?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I think in 3rd-world countries the mains voltage varies all over the place, I do not know why.
Bing shows a store in India selling the D25 stabilizer. Its feature is that it cuts off when the voltage becomes too high.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, Lowq,
I am querying about a tv stabilizer, which has two plug points in it.
I could have posted a link of the stabilizer for easy reference. The point is , can the stablizers support two devices , one for ac dc adapter for tv and one for adapter of set top box stb in short.
the details of the stabilizer.
In the Box
Warranty
Dimensions
Specifications
General
Product Details
Country of Manufacture
BrandPremier
ModelCARE D 25
Capacity1.1 Amps
Application SupportsUpto 32” LED TV
Cabinet MaterialABS
Input Range90-290V
Mount TypeTable Mount
Other FeaturesTFS Technology, Total Protection, DTH Protection
Dimension (L x B x H) in cm20.5 x 18.5 x 8.5 cm
Weight (Kg)1.2 Kg
Warranty TypeManufacturer Warranty
Sales Package1 x Stabilizer

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi,
I am having a old model samsung tv, no internet support ,of 22 inch in 2016 and it has given no problem whatsoever up to now. But of late, the tv is suddenly turning itself off and then on for some time and then to play for a few minutes and then starts the same.
I was provided with replacement ac dc adapter in place of old adapter of same capacity to test if the problem goes off.
But on a particular time of the day, the problem again started even with the new adapter, which is connected to the tv.
I am having a extension box to which I plug on the adapter as well as set top box adapter.
Now , I am being advised to replace the power board inside the tv.
I also noted that for sometime during the day, the rapid click of stabilizer when the tv is playing but no disturbance on the viewing of tv shows.
My querly is,should I need to replace both the adapter and psb or only one of them.
how do we find .
Previsously ,the tv, could off and on by itself , more times, compared to the one or two times after having the new adapter.
Nowadays, the service is only on replacing parts and not repairing the damaged items internally.
please

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, now that we can see the specifications it is clear that the "stabilizer" is a regulated AV supply, and can handle loads of up to 1.1 amps, the answer is fairly simple: The device can only provide 1.1 amps beyond that the rating is exceeded and so performance and device life are compromised. So now the TS needs to add up the intended load device ratings and determine if the total exceeds 1;1 amps.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The toolto use to find the cause of the problem is an AC voltmeter. The stability of the mains voltage may be the problem, meaning that if the voltage varies outside the limits of what the supply can use, then it switches off.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
How much Current (amps) does your TV need ?
How much Current (amps) does your "Set-Top-Box" need ?

Add them together, the total Amps can not be more than 1-Amp.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Hi, I bought a tv stabilizer named Care D25 1.1 amp stablilzer along with the tv and it is working normally. Sometimes, i could hear repeated clicks from it, when there is electrical fluctuations.
I am having 14 volt ac dc adapter for the samsung tv, which i connect with the stabilizer.
But I find one more provision of three pin plug in the stabililzer.
Now I use the STB adopter in a separate plug in the extension box from the wall.
Can I use the other three pin plug to plug the stb adapter plug.
Will there be any problem, If i plug the STB plug also, because, from the description, it is a tv stabilizer up to 28 inch led tv.
I do not know, the details about the stb adapter voltage.
please give me answer
Yes, you can.
Though it is not required. The original PSU of the STB is a SMPS capable of handling a wide voltage fluctuation.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, ramu,
had changed the remote. The remote is available .
Today, engineer came and started psb change. But on opening the pack, he says that specification missent and I saw the tiny board which is very minute parts . Waiting for replacement.
will 5 year use damage the minor parts in psb. Just fixing a graphic c\rd or usb drive card .
Adapter or psb, how do we find as unless the problem is reproduced in his presence, he saysif he check the volt of adapter it would show normal voltage

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
I wish to inform you that the main plug is inverter support one. So , even in power cut , we could play the t v

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
As the TS can hear clicking from the stabiliser I suspect that is basically an auto transformer with relays to select different tappings to drop or increase the output voltage with respect to the input voltage.

Les.

Les: You took the words out of my mouth. A tap-switching constant voltage transformer or a MOTOR DRIVEN AUTO-TRANSFORMER because of the 90V minimum input to 22x volts out.

probably not great in handling surges.

Best surge protection for something not needing a UPS is a Powervar/OneAC isolation transformer and an ISOBAR surge suppressor. Both are needed. I had a computer and other instrumentation hooked to it for 17 years.
the SCSI hard drive was still working after 17 years. Maintenance was replace a floppy drive and vacuum out dust.
I used it for the system before and the system after. Phenomenal performance.

A UPS may not even be good enough.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, I also feel that the answers of some post do not relate to my query or am I wrong in assuming the technicalities described.
Hi, lowq, your quote

How much Current (amps) does your TV need ?
How much Current (amps) does your "Set-Top-Box" need ?
How do I find it out
these are the things that I know,

Power SupplyAC100 - 240V 50 / 60Hz
Power Consumption (Max)35 watts
Power Consumption (Stand-by)Under 0.3 watts

Last edited:
You have a typical mains voltage in your country. What is it?
Each device has either a voltage and current rating.
or a VA rating or maybe Watts.

You can and should take the VA rating e.g 220 VA and divide it by your mains voltage of say 220 V and get 1 Amp.
You can do this with the power in watts as well.

The VA rating is the one to use if it's there.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
I have already mentioned in post #11 that you can connect that the STB unit also.
The additional power will be less than 15 VA.

Ignore Posts #12, 13,14. There has been a goof up by the moderator on those posts.