can i overclock a gigabyte Radeon HD 6570 overclocked edition even more

BlakesterGamer

Joined Apr 20, 2016
Ok so I bought this GPU that came with a overclock so it came with a clock speed of 670MHZ if a radeon hd 5450 a fanless card runs at 650 MHZ stock i can definitley overclock my GPU more because it has a fan on it and i have no experience overclocking so i need help and suggestions so i can get an idea of how much power and frequency i should add

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
It is a personal choice.

You could have put a fan on 5450 and overclock it. Turn it into learning experience.

The usual overclocking advice is to increase settings until device/system becomes unstable, once you reach the point where system is unstable, back off a couple of steps. Alternative is to search the internetz and see what people were able to reach back when people used these old cards, then just copy their settings.

Also. Keep in mind that the card you are overclocking is also the card that is driving your monitor. If this card becomes unstable and stops driving monitor, how are you going to downclock the card to make it work again if your monitor does not show anything? I guess you could use a temperature monitoring utility to see if the card reaching its limit.

BlakesterGamer

Joined Apr 20, 2016
It is a personal choice.

You could have put a fan on 5450 and overclock it. Turn it into learning experience.

The usual overclocking advice is to increase settings until device/system becomes unstable, once you reach the point where system is unstable, back off a couple of steps. Alternative is to search the internetz and see what people were able to reach back when people used these old cards, then just copy their settings.

Also. Keep in mind that the card you are overclocking is also the card that is driving your monitor. If this card becomes unstable and stops driving monitor, how are you going to downclock the card to make it work again if your monitor does not show anything? I guess you could use a temperature monitoring utility to see if the card reaching its limit.
I will just plug the monitor in the motherboards main graphics if it starts malfunctoning I want to know how much power it needs to draw for every 30MHz I add to the GPU