Can I make a vegetable coffee?

Nasim2002

Joined Oct 21, 2012
Can I make a vegetable coffee and use as much for energy?
Cool, Huh?:cool:

But what vegetables can I use for this?

Need sheaf's help.:rolleyes:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Its called a broth. Lots of good info on making a veggie broth out there. Its used as a diet thing too. People will drink broth instead of having meals. Other broths have become a mainstay and were started consumed out of economic nessessity and the region quickly aquired a taste for it. For instance. Bovril http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovril

As for a broth recipe from myself use the following veggies genorously. Since your gonna screen them out use as much as possible to get to flavor country.

Onions
Garlic
Beef Base (May no fit if your trying for veggie strictly)
Carrots
small amount of potatoes for starch but don't over do it. Its easy to do in a broth.
Parsnips
Cabbage
tomatoes or tomato sauce or paste
celery
etc...

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Soy beans. Don't they simulate just about any kind of food with soy beans? :)
And never, in my experience, they managed to simulate anything convincingly.

From juices of any fruit to meat, they fail.

Why they do not call it "soy XXX style" instead of those fancy simulations, is a mistery for me.

Last edited:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Hey man. You should try black tea with added orange juice, or Coca Cola. Alternatively, mango juice with 25% added red wine.

All these drinks are little known, but have an interesting taste.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Very few plants contain stimulants in useful amounts. The most readily available and cheapest are coffee and tea.
Well, take your time to have look in our side of this world.

When you come here you will see people drinking this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(beverage) with or without sugar. I like it both ways.

Even in hot summer it could be prepared with hot water.

You could find people drinking this everywhere, anytime around the clock.

Well installed in our traditions.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
It's probably not easy to get in India and would probably be more expensive than coffee or tea there if there is any. I've never seen it here either.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Fascinating... never heard of it.
What does it taste like?
Bitter taste. Probably close to some green tea (?) Then it comes a long list of what you could add to change it.

I am unable to prepare one in the right way but always willing to drink if offered. I use to work for very long periods. A "mate" is welcome any time in the middle of the night.

The local use is that even if you are perfect stranger, when approaching a group drinking mate ("rueda"), you will be offered one.

Yes, for some people, even here, sharing that straw is a concern.