can I hire someone to make stuff here?

jackal_329

Joined Oct 5, 2012
I saw the flea market forum but wanted confirmation before I post there. Is this a good forum to hire a freelancer? I have been having bad luck with freelancers from freelancer.com (really slow workers and usually cant complete projects).

A quick summary of my next project(so you can let me know if this forum is proper for such a device):
Looking to pay: $800 Cad (we can do the transaction through freelancer, 50% milestone payment upfront)

I need 2 micro controllers made. One will emulate a standard USB mouse and the other a keyboard (i.e. you plug each of them into a USB mouse/keyboard compatible device(ps3, computer etc) via their own usb cable and the device will see a USB mouse/keyboard).

These micro controllers will grab all the mouse and keyboard commands from the "brain" computer (windows 7 machine) and send those commands out via the usb. This "brain" computer will generate mouse and keyboard commands from an actual keyboard and mouse plugged into it as well as with some macro scripting software (to apply hotkeys to certain buttons). The scripting software to be used will be autohotkey.com(you don't write any of the hotkey scripts - i will do that part).

Lemme know if this forum is a good spot to post the job!

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I think you need to be a little more elaborate on this,
Do you want someone to design microcontrollers for you that emulate a mouse or keyboard? Or do you want 2 microcontroller based devices that can emulate a mouse or a keyboard?

jackal_329

Joined Oct 5, 2012
the 'arduino mouse' and the 'arduino keyboard' just emulate the devices (i.e. when you plug them in they appear to be standard usb mouse/keyboard).

the reason to have the computer in the mix is to add hotkeys to certain buttons via the autohotkey.com scripts.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
The computer in the mix could just as easily 'emulate' the functions you mention while running 'autohotkey_dot_com'.

What do you need with all the extra circuitry, does it need to be 'wireless', or something?

jackal_329

Joined Oct 5, 2012
Well I need the mouse and keyboard actions sent out from the computer via 2 usb cables. When those 2 usb cables are plugged into a device, they are recognized as standard usb keyboard and mouse.