can ESP32 wifi module be connected with ADXLL 345 on an Arduino UNO board?

Arijeet100

Joined Jan 2, 2022
I have been trying to remotely access ADXL 345 data, and for that i am using ESP 32 Wifi module, but pardon me for being novice in this matter , i am not being able to connect ESP32 and ADXL 345 on Arduino UNO board, can someone help me out here ?

Dave Lowther

Joined Sep 8, 2016
i am using ESP 32 Wifi module
Are you using a 'bare' ESP32 (just the silver 'chip' from the image in the previous post), or are you using an ESP32 dev board (similar to the one in the image in the previous post)?
If you are using an ESP32 dev board, then why do you need to connect the ESP32 dev board and the ADXL 345 to an Arduino UNO? In other words: What will be the role of the UNO and why couldn't that role be implemented on the ESP32 dev board?

Arijeet100

Joined Jan 2, 2022
Are you using a 'bare' ESP32 (just the silver 'chip' from the image in the previous post), or are you using an ESP32 dev board (similar to the one in the image in the previous post)?
If you are using an ESP32 dev board, then why do you need to connect the ESP32 dev board and the ADXL 345 to an Arduino UNO? In other words: What will be the role of the UNO and why couldn't that role be implemented on the ESP32 dev board?
Actually my plan wasn't to buy a dev board but accidently i got delivered one, and now its not refundable. so i wanted to make use of my Arduino UNO board that i had and use ESP 32 as a Wi-Fi module only, but if that is not possible, how do i setup a remote access to ADXL 345 using ESP 32 dev board ?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
It would be easiest to use ONLY the ESP32 and leave the UNO on the shelf. The UNO operates at 5v while the accelerometer you want to use needs 2.5 to 3.6v pins. The ESP 32 is a full feature microcontroller and can be programmed with the Arduino IDE if you wish. Most Arduino libraries work with ESP32.

Dave Lowther

Joined Sep 8, 2016
Actually my plan wasn't to buy a dev board but accidently i got delivered one, and now its not refundable. so i wanted to make use of my Arduino UNO board that i had and use ESP 32 as a Wi-Fi module only, but if that is not possible, how do i setup a remote access to ADXL 345 using ESP 32 dev board ?
I still can't picture what you want to do. I don't understand "remote access to ADXL345". I think you mean that you want to use the WiFi of the ESP32 to give you remote access, via WiFi, to the the ADXL345 data. Perhaps something like this?
1641212187639.png
According to this reference the SPI wires can be "up to approximately 10m".
Does my block diagram represent what you want to do? The box on the left with a "?" in it is the device you would use to remotely access the ADXL345 over Wi-Fi. What will be the device in question? How long do you want the SPI wires to be?
If my diagram is wrong perhaps you could provide a diagram showing what you want to do.

Arijeet100

Joined Jan 2, 2022
I still can't picture what you want to do. I don't understand "remote access to ADXL345". I think you mean that you want to use the WiFi of the ESP32 to give you remote access, via WiFi, to the the ADXL345 data. Perhaps something like this?
View attachment 256722
According to this reference the SPI wires can be "up to approximately 10m".
Does my block diagram represent what you want to do? The box on the left with a "?" in it is the device you would use to remotely access the ADXL345 over Wi-Fi. What will be the device in question? How long do you want the SPI wires to be?
If my diagram is wrong perhaps you could provide a diagram showing what you want to do.
Yes that is what i want , i can not figure out the program that will enable me to use esp32 webserver for accessing adxl345 data

Dave Lowther

Joined Sep 8, 2016
Yes that is what i want , i can not figure out the program that will enable me to use esp32 webserver for accessing adxl345 data
I don't have any experience of using the ESP32 with SPI, I've only used I2C.
This link has example code for accessing adxl345 and printing it to the serial monitor. So that should enable you to get data from the device into the ESP32.
If you can't work out how to get the values into html (or websockets) then I suggest you look at similar examples (displaying sensor values in web pages) from Random Nerd Tutorials, perhaps this example would help

Arijeet100

Joined Jan 2, 2022
I don't have any experience of using the ESP32 with SPI, I've only used I2C.
This link has example code for accessing adxl345 and printing it to the serial monitor. So that should enable you to get data from the device into the ESP32.
If you can't work out how to get the values into html (or websockets) then I suggest you look at similar examples (displaying sensor values in web pages) from Random Nerd Tutorials, perhaps this example would help
Thank you !