Can anyone share the PCB layout for this circuit -- LM3914 resistor values for 3.7 V Li-Ion battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Can anyone share the PCB layout for this circuit?
In general the kind people on this forum are incredibly helpful, but you have to present some work. You have to be making an attempt of your own. You have to have at least tried to figure out what to do, where to start, or at least what SPECIFIC questions you need help with in order to get started.

If you make even a token effort, you'll probably get some help with whatever you get stuck on. However, if you just ask other people to do your work for you, it will almost certainly never happen, especially when the question is obviously homework.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Before you share it, you can/should make an initial check to see if it's "gud".

Print a copy of the PCB, oversized if possible. Get your net list, either from your schematic software or one carefully prepared with the assistance of the processor in your head.

Then with a highlighter, marker, pen, pencil or crayons, carefully trace out each connection. Check each one off your list. When done, you should not have found any errors, all items should have been checked off and all traces should be highlighted.

Tip: I like using different colored highlighters/markers. One for Vcc; one for Gnd; one for circuit traces.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Before you share it, you can/should make an initial check to see if it's "gud".

Print a copy of the PCB, oversized if possible. Get your net list, either from your schematic software or one carefully prepared with the assistance of the processor in your head.

Then with a highlighter, marker, pen, pencil or crayons, carefully trace out each connection. Check each one off your list. When done, you should not have found any errors, all items should have been checked off and all traces should be highlighted.

Tip: I like using different colored highlighters/markers. One for Vcc; one for Gnd; one for circuit traces.
That is SO old school!!

And the way that I think all people just learning board layout should do it (or something comparable). Only THEN start using the LVS tools that you have access to.

When I first started IC design we used to print out the layout blown up so that we could tape the sheets together and tape them to wall in the conference room next to the schematics and then engineers would come by and check a portion of the layout against the schematic just like you described (only the different colored pens told you which engineer did the checking). It might take a week to get the whole thing done (and we had to do it a few times as errors were found and corrected).

We've come a long way, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.